april blog header

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Holidays are always a source of true joy and happiness in my life and you know what else?  Total chaos, stress and total bursts of random impatience!  Dont believe me?  Ask Connor.  Just last night I threatened to duct tape him to the chair if he didnt stop getting up during supper.  He didnt believe me so I went as far as taking the tape out of the drawer and placing it on the table next to his dish.  He didnt get up any more.  Mind you he also started crying telling me how mean I was and what if he needed to pee.  I know people will think I am mean but man, it was funny.  Poor little guy.  I asked him if he REALLY thought I would tape him to the chair and not let him pee, he said no Mommy.  See?  Not a bad person completely!  hehehehe  Anyway, he finished eating so my threat worked.  ;)

I have been doing some handmade projects this week.  I made this cute flower which was inspired by a paper wreath I seen on this blog, which I just found and completely adore.

DSC_0915

DSC_0916

 

I got this new ornament in the mail this week and I was so excited to put it on the tree.  This picture was taken by my Dad at my brother's wedding this summer.  We decorated last night against my will.  I had no desire this year but Connor was getting antsy so Sean put up the tree.  Connor decorated it and I set the table for Christmas.  I suppose tonight I will put up the garlands and whatnot... may be....  Hoping to get some crafty time in.  Connor used to love craft corner with me but lately he has been more inclined to play in his room or watch TV.  Not in my house baby!  lol  My house, you do something creative EVERY DAY whether you like it or not. ;)

DSC_0919

 

Last night was my weekly Inspired by Art challenge chat!  Always so much fun.  Last night I posted a new sketch for December.  If you would like to take part, PLEASE DO SO!  The thread with all the information you need is here!

Here is the sketch:

Dec-Sketch

Here is the page I scrapped using it!

shalako-lo-

 

Another few pages that I have been playing with in the last few days, all credits can be found with their original uploads at the Guild.

skating-lo-

we-ran-for-a-cure-lo

cup-of-tea-lo

amy-eileen-lo

WinterWonderland_AHead

Christmas-Card

 

Thats all for now.  Its really cold out today and their is snow on the ground.  I am looking forward to walking up to the school to grab Connor, coming home and having some hot chocolate with him.  Then I am thinking I can convince him to take some pictures outside with me.  :)  I need something new to scrap, may be get my inspiration flowing again.  Happy scrapping everyone!

No comments: