april blog header

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can you believe I scrapped?

Surprising, I know!  I have been in such a funk lately and I am trying to force myself out of it.   I made this page with the Guild kit this month, Watermelon Head, and a piece of cardstock by Redju.  The font is Susie’s Hand.  To create this page I….

Using my rectangle Marquee tool, I chose a rectangle shape around the edge of my photo, Copy, Paste on a New Layer, added a drop shadow on its own layer.  For the details, I used the watermelon scalloped border which I changed to solid gray, duplicated, flipped horizontally, merged the two layers and changed the blend mode to Overlay.  Duplicated this layer and added it to the other side of my photo as well.  I thought it would be a cute pun using ‘wheelie’ because of the bike in the kit.

wheelie-lo

I have been at my parents’ house and they only have dial up.  *grumbles* SO!  I have had to head into the library and coffee shop to use their high speed every few days.  Here are a few pictures of what I have been up to this week….

Day 194

DSC_0357

Shalako, the neurotic fur child of the family.  He was running in the wet grass, can ya tell?  lol

Day 195

DSC_0358

I have been doing a lot of embroidery while watching TV in the evenings because I am out on a highway with nothing around me.  At least I am being forced to get creative!  This is on a tea towel and the design is from Sublime Stitching.

Day 196

DSC_0363

It was HOT!  So we grabbed the hose in the backyard and had SO MUCH FUN playing!  Even Shalako got involved for a little while before he started hiding on the step.

Day 197

DSC_0381

Jen came over for a visit and we thought it would be fun to have a camp fire.  We all got a lot of bites.  Connor and I got about 20 plus each but poor Jen got about a million and six.  The bugs love her!  Here is Connor putting on some After Bite.

Day 198

DSC_0384

Since mine is broken, I brought some things over to make using my mother’s machine.  While I was sewing, I noticed this….  The dog is scared to death that I am going to leave him like his parents did.  lol 

In case you were wondering what I made…. some camera straps!  The brown flower one is currently on my camera.  :)  I am not sure what to do with the other one…any ideas?

DSC_0385

DSC_0386

Yesterday I bought the book Hello, Cupcake!!  I AM SO EXCITED!  It was only $18 so I had to grab it.  Around here it has been selling for $40 so when I saw the price, I grabbed it, hugged it to my chest and RAN for the check out.  Sean laughed.  I didnt think it was funny.  lol

 

 

 

I was thinking about creating EVERY cupcake and posting the pictures on here as I go.  May be I should start a blog for it!    I am currently reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell.  Can ya tell?  For those of you who dont understand that comment, in the book Julie cooks every recipe in Julia Child’s cookbook MtAoFC and writes a blog about it.  :)  The first ones I chose, because I had the stuff to do it, was the faux Petite Fours on page 139, but I put my own little twist on them.

Day 199

DSC_0393

DSC_0395

Day 200

We discovered a museum about our island that we didnt know about.  Connor and I stopped by and had a nice time.  I love this photo, it makes me laugh.

DSC_0447

Day 201

We went to a wedding out of town today and had a fantastic time!  Felt like a short vacay!  :)  Made a new friend…..

DSC_0165

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

1 comment:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I love love love your embroidery!!! Thanks for visiting my blog too!!!! Hope you are doing well.
xoxo,
ja