april blog header

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Sometimes when everyone else is in bed I take showers in the dark.  I find is extremely relaxing.

I never tried cauliflower until I was 21.

I have worn glasses for 14 yrs, half my life, but have never tried contacts.

Labour with Connor last 21 hours and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I tried Sushi for the first time last night.  It was alright.  Tasted surprisingly like rice, carrots and fish.  ;)  Did NOT like the pink thing there.

Day 44

Day 44

I get along best with my eldest brother even though he lives the farthest away.  May be thats the key?  ;)

I think I am okay at a lot of things but wish I was brilliant at one thing.

I have small obsessions that take over my life at any given time.  It could be scrapbooking, reading, buying cooking magazines, crocheting, exercise, etc..

I touched a man in public one day, because his sweater just looked oh so soft, much to the dismay of my friend who was with me.  I love to touch soft materials.  I have passed this onto Connor who refuses to leave the fabric store without buying a piece of fleece.

If I had to chose three people to spend a lifetime with on a deserted island I would chose Connor, Sean and my father.  I never tire of spending time with any of them.

Out of all of the foods I have had to give up, I miss Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffins the most.  I have not had one since the beginning of October.  *sigh*  The only thing I can eat there now is the yogurt.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult was the first book to ever make me cry, more like sob, out loud.

There is a yellow gown in the mall that looks just like Belle's and I want to buy it and wear it on my wedding day.  I wont, but I want too.  She is my favourite princess.  She meant something to me because she read, stood up for what she believed in and because she was a brunette like me.

I just found a splinter in my finger.

Watching people draw has always fascinated me.  When I was a little girl I would sit for hours at the picnic table in our yard watching my brother draw.  Now I spend hours watching Sean draw.  Sometimes I give him ideas for his cartoons.  He usually just smiles and nods and then does something else.  This day he listened to me.   See how he wrote 'Thanks Hon' in the corner there under his signature?  Thats me.  I am Hon.  ;)

cartoon feb 5 2009

I know the words to way to many Conway Twitty songs.

The great majority of smokers drive me bonkers.  Cigarettes make you smell, they rot your teeth and give you cancer.  It doesnt matter if you smoke with filters, lights, or occasionally, its ALL bad for you and everyone around you.  Oh and cigarette butts are litter.  Those filters are made of materials that do not break down.  It's so gross.

When I was a little girl I would wake up early on Sunday morning so I could lay on the couch with my father while he watched old John Wayne movies.  I never really enjoyed the westerns, I just enjoyed the time with him.  In a house of six, it was hard to get alone time.

I do not like red pepper.  I TRY to eat it but I really do not like it.

I love the little freckle that is on the bottom of Connor's foot.  It is all by itself and just so darn irrestible, I have to kiss it.

When people recommend a product to me, I generally buy it myself.  Some recommendations that I loved are Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (Courtney, I think), Just A Drop (Andrea), UHU glue line (Sean), Nivea (Doctor at the hospital one night) and Scrubbing Bubbles (Mom).

I love Etsy.  I could browse for hours.

When we were teens my guy friends would try coming up with pick up lines to out do each other.  My fave was by Chris who said, Are you champagne?  Because you make me feel all bubbly inside.  Its cute and sweet.

I would never want to live anywhere else.  I would love to travel some day but this will always be my home.

I have the cutest child in the world.  No, seriously, I dont care what you other moms say, I do have the cutest child in the world.  :)

100_0275

1 comment:

Maggie said...

When I started reading the comment about watching people draw, my first thought was "that's why she loves Sean" - LOL!!!!