april blog header

Monday, March 30, 2009

Easter Project in the Works!

Each time Connor’s class has a party I like to make a little something for him to bring in.  Each child who brings something gets to go around and pass out their gift to their friends and I wouldnt want him to miss out on it.  He is always so proud of himself when he does.  Coming up with a gift for the children for Easter, and keep it within budget, was rather tricky for me.  I think I have come up with something fun though.  In total it has cost me a whopping $10!!  LOL  That is enough treats for the 26 kids in his class and his teacher’s little boy.

First I took some plain cloth I got at the fabric store, only cost me a quarter for almost a yard, cut rectangles with some pinking shears for a fun edge.  I then took some foam magnets I found at the store, could not find any real stamps or cookie cutters in town, and stamped on some Spring-y elements with paint.

Next I sewed up three sides, sliced some holes for some pretty ribbon and filled the bags with egg shaped gum balls.  I also bought a white weave basket, filled with basket fill and am going to make it into a bunny.  Here is what I have so far!  I am slowly learning that it doesnt have to be perfect to be cute.

Day 85

DSC_0456

DSC_0457

DSC_0458

DSC_0459

DSC_0460

Day 86

DSC_0465

I have been slacking on my 365 photos.  *hangs head in shame*  I am hoping to get back on track though!  I have been rather busy lately and you will all see the products of my sweat come the first of the month.  :)

Some photos….I missed Day 74, 75 and 76,  Oops.

Day 77

DSC_0398

Day 78

Day 78

Day 79

The hot water in the apartment above me burst and flooded my place.  They cut a hole in my kitchen ceiling to make sure that it would dry out. 

Day 79

Day 80

Jennifer and I stopped by the new pet store and she just fell in love with this little guy.

Day 80

Day 81

I have been working on some more crayon rolls and Connor was coloring next to me with his mini markers.

Day 81

Day 82

Missed it.  :(

Day 83

Day 83

Day 84

Missed it again.

I have a little treat for you!  Something I threw together for my chat tonight.  If you want to join us it is at 10PM EST in the Guild chat room.  A small bit of word art called Pieces, you can download it here.

Preview

Have a good night!

No comments: