april blog header

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SCORE!!!

Score, its what I yell when I make a FABULOUS purchase!  Connor's birthday is coming up in May and he wants a Batman theme party!  Batman, I can do Batman!  I really like planning parties.  I try to be creative, while saving money, and making it fun for the kids.  For Connor's first birthday I did nothing.  Really.  We had a few family and friends to the house for cake.  For his second party?  Momma went ALL out!  We rented a hall and had a carnival theme party.  My friend Courtney and I made a clown costume for her.  I dressed as a mime.  My Dad was the ring master/hot dog vender including bow tie and vending box.  We made balloon animals, Sean did face painting, pin the nose on the clown, piñata, bean bag toss that I made everything for, "heavy man" competition where I made the "weights" with black balloons and a broom handle, etc..  LOL  It was so much fun!  Courtney and I even made the cake!  It was a clown head.  The hair was cotton candy, the nose was a lollipop.  Very cool party.  :)  He was sick.  He always seems to be sick on his birthday. 

We had a Bob the Builder party once, a SpongeBob once, a Cars themed party with everything related to cars and racing, we went out to a Fun House for one where the kids could plan on these giant toys.  Each room had its own theme including massive bouncy tents, virtual golf, video games, etc..  I cant remember some of them. I remember last year we had a Transformer party.  Oh man it was fun!  I got a bunch of games off of the Internet.   We played pin the logo on the Transformer.  Scavenger hunt for "the cube" which was filled with goodies, piñata,  Transformer cake....lots of fun stuff.  The kids had a blast.

This year Sean and I are making each child their own Batman capes in place of treat bags.  They will be getting lots of treats at the party and from the piñata, so they wont be missing any sugar!  I headed into the city with my mother to buy some fabric because she said the store was having a sale!  What a DEAL we got!  I will have to share when I am done planning.

DSC_0343

We got over nine yards of black "cape" material, 6 yards of ribbon, three yards of miscellaneous fabric, and like 30 pieces of felt for FIFTEEN DOLLARS!  *chin drops*  Can you imagine the giddiness I felt??  When we got to the car I started yelling at Sean to drive away like the lady in the Ikea commercial.  lol

I have been scrapping!!  With this month's Guild kit, Remember This.  My niece Deliah...

you-are-wonderful

This one also uses my Wonderful You word art.

beautiful-girl

Inspired by SoBlessed's layout, Dada.  Brush by mimi.

Project 365!

Day 67

Day 67

Connor asked me to make him a pillow case with the fabric he bought last month.  He loves it.  :)  Such a long post today...

No comments: