april blog header

Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun in the Kitchen

Tonight after supper Connor asked what we could have for a snack.  Well, I didnt have anything ready so I thought we might be able to throw something together.  So we worked together and made some peanut butter bars.  They actually turned our pretty good.  They are clean and gluten free.  :)  Connor originally wanted to call them Brown Balls but I pointed out that they arent balls.  SO we came up with Bear Bars because bears like peanut butter and honey.  ;)

Bear Bars

Bear Bars

1 cup of all natural peanut butter

1 cup of honey

1 tbsp of baking soda

1 egg and 2 egg whites beaten

Mix together in a bowl, spread on a cookie sheet and back in a preheated oven at 350C for about 10-15 minutes.

Variations

On some of the batter I tossed on some walnuts.  On another area I put a thin coating of unsweetened applesauce and some cinnamon.  I LOVE the applesauce part, Sean really like the walnut part and Connor was a fan of the plain ones.

 

I am doing so badly on my 365 photos these last two weeks.  I missed another day.  Ack.  I promise I will do better.  On Friday I left my house at 8:30am, without a camera, and did not make it back home until noon on Saturday.  Things were hectic and the last thing on my mind was taking photos.  :(

Day 64

Sean is getting annoyed with me taking all of these late night photos of him.  lol

Day 64

Day 65

I was feeling creative on Sunday so I painted this.  I never said I was a good painter!  This is going to be my business card design I think, with my web address on the backside.  I also said I wanted to do a version that says, "I shoot people for a living."  My mother literally reacted with HORROR so I am definitely going to do it.  ;)  My father thought it was a great idea and made a few mafia related jokes.

Day 65

Day 66

One day last week we were walking to school when this dog came out of nowhere and started walking with us.  He walked all the way to the school with us and then disappeared.  Connor asked where he was today and SURPRISE he came!  He showed up when we were almost home and followed us tot he house.  He even came up on the step so I grabbed a quick shot.  Aint he the cutest?

Day 66

Have a good one...

No comments: