april blog header

Monday, April 27, 2009

First Ever Scrap Page Game

Melly tagged me!!!!  When I look back at my older pages I sigh because I was able to capture the perfect moments, without the perfect page.  My shadows might have been off, my color scheme may have been suffering, goodness knows my photography wasnt the best, but I still captured those memories.  After all, isnt that why we do it?  To capture the moments in our lives that we want to share with our children, grandchildren and so on?  It does not have to be perfect to be beautiful, it just has to mean something you.

image

In March of 2006, (just like Melly!) I started digital scrapbooking.  My boyfriend had gotten a new laptop awhile before and Photoshop.  He asked me to learn PS and teach it to him.  I opened the program, laughed, made a comment about the 1000 buttons and closed it.  Fast forward….  I was bored and thought, I can do this.  So I opened PS and went online to look for tutorials on how to use it.  I stumbled across a digi site and clicked on the Gallery link.  That was it.  That was all it took. 

I saw a layout by a lady named “keeplearning” and was blown away.  I wanted to create pages like her!  She actually sent me an email thanking me for all the comments I made that day on her pages.  I guess I made a lot.  lol  I had done some paper scrapbooking and was eager to learn this new craft.  This is the first layout, of my friends, Janice and Jordie.  It was a pretty simple style layout.  I later started to play with kits and learn about shadows and whatnot….

Side note….”keeplearning” is Debb Cozzi, a lady who I now consider a wonderful friend.  I am happy to say that we are now working together at her site, the Guild.  Yes, she is the fearless leader of our Gigis.  How lucky we all are!  I was inspired 3 years ago, I am still inspired today.  Thank you Mrs. Cozzi for everything you have shared with me, with us, with the world of digital scrapbooking.

Here are the rules:
1. Show us your first scrapbook page

2. Write a couple of lines about the scrap - associated with your feelings, your thoughts and when you did it.

3. Pass the game on to 5 person and leave a comment on their blog....I'm passing it on to:

 Maggie, Carolyn, Christine, Debb, and Tiffany.

As I was writing this entry I thought it might be fun to go back to one of those layouts that I found so inspiring and lift it!  I decided on Teaching You to Pray, a layout Debb created of her darling niece back in 2006.

image

Credits:  Marcee Duggar’s Apple Jam and Heritage Postage Alpha

With my soon to be released new kit, Out of this World, here is my page!!

OutofthisWorld 

Thanks for the tag Melly!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Debb Cozzi said...

Ahhhhhh.....this is the sweetest, most "feel good" thing I've read in such a long time!! I love you sweetheart and am SO thankful that the Lord used this wonderful craft to bring us together!! I'm so very proud of you and the wonderful things you have achieved and will continue to achieve in the future. I'm so blessed to be able to be part of it all and I can hardly wait to see what is in store for my sweet "little Sis." (((Hugs)))