april blog header

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mommy, will you promise?

This morning when I awoke to a five year old boy snuggling into my cheek. I expected a "Good morning Mommy" or even a "Can I play my video game?" but I was NOT expecting "Mommy, when you are having my baby brother, could you please not squish him when he comes out of your vagina?" WHAT?!?! At first I thought, I am dreaming. For sure, I am still asleep. "Mommy? DO you promise?" Ummmm... I love how the kid always manages to catch me off guard with the 'touchy' subjects. "Mommy, do babies come from vaginas?" It gets worse and worse and worse! "What do YOU think Connor?" Honestly folks, that is the best defense strategy available for parents. Most of the time the kid will just come up with a suitable answer themselves and you are let out of the hot seat. ;) So at the end of the conversation we had discussed where babies come from, both ways. I do believe in telling children the truth, don't shoot me for that. He smiled and said again, did I promise not to squish his baby brother. OK! Did I squish you beyond repair? No? Ok good then. No squishing babies. Got it. WAIT A MINUTE! I am not pregnant. This is when it gets scary. The last time Connor started talking about this was with his step mom. He was hugging her saying he was playing with his baby sister. This was BEFORE she knew she was pregnant. Then he said that he wasn't going to have a baby sister and she miscarried. Completely freaky. When my future SIL was pregnant, before she knew, Connor announced to her that she was having a baby as well. She did. Now, I am not saying that my kid has special powers or anything of the sort. However, due to prior events, one has to be a little curious. I honestly do not think I am but it would not be horrible. :) Timing is bad mind you. Connor then asked if we could name his brother. Ok I said, playing along. What shall we name him? How about Joshua? We already have a Joshie running around though. How about Connor? I cannot have two kids with the same name. Do I look like a Foreman? How about Brogan? *gasp* that is the name Sean and I had already picked out for a baby. No one knew. Ok, Brogan it is. Brogan Joshua, Mommy. Ok. So without Sean's approval, I have named our 'baby' Brogan Joshua with Connor's help. How cute is that? I wonder if that is legally binding if I am indeed with child? lol

On to sadder news. Sean's grandmother, Nan, fell two days ago and fractured her hip. She is 91yrs old and is heading into surgery for the first time in her life, as I type this. She has to have a pin put in. This is all very scary and I really hope that everything goes smoothly. Sean and his sister are at the hospital with her now. All prayers are greatly appreciated at this time. We need all the help we can get. Please think of Nan, Sean, Shelley and all their other family members who live too far away to be here.

With everything that is going on, I am trying to keep myself busy. I did a lot of scrapping so far today and it is only noon. I thought I would try out the Digi Dare this week and decided to take part. Not long ago I saw a layout by Annie Manning at the Guild called Laugh. I loved how she so creatively decorated the photo with papers and elements from the kit. I vowed right then and there to try it out. So today the dare was to create a layout inspired by their Darers, how perfect. My layout that was inspired by Annie. (All credits can be found with the original upload in my gallery at DST)
When My Thoughts

That was actually the second layout I created today. The first one was my Poppy and my mother. Every Sunday our family goes for coffee together and my Poppy usually ends up there for a few minutes. He really loves it when I took his picture. Ok, I lie. He hates it but I do it anyway because I want too. lol I am a horrible granddaughter, I know this but its ok. He loves me.
(Again, all credits can be found with the original upload at DST)
You Brighten My Day


I know that this will be a very long day. I am hoping to get much accomplished. :) Hope you all have a wonderful day as well!

10 comments:

DawnMarch said...

OMgosh, your son's question made me laugh out loud! I think my DD knows basically how babies are born, but my 5 y.o. son sure doesn't have a clue. Not that I try to hide it from him, but he's never really been to curious about it! Your son sounds like a very straightforward kid, which is great!

Tammy said...

WOW!! That is really interesting about your son....hhhmmmm......you must keep us informed. I will keep your family in my prayers for your grandmothers full recovery.

Donna B. Miller said...

Okay, so when are you going to buy the test? LOL Kids can be remarkably intuitive, and curious. Sounds like you handled it beautifully.

So sorry about your grandmother. I hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts, sorry about Granny. Hope she gets better.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I think you handled his question perfectly and wow on how he brings things up and then it happens, or not. I had to giggle though, totally threw me off guard too *lol* Love your pages too...beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Little clairvoyant dude! I love stories like that; keep us posted on the gestation situation! LOL

Sorry to hear about the fall; hard to believe it's her first operation ever! Hope Nan's back and as good as new really quick!

Melly :)

Michelle said...

That story is too funny. I am an only child and I remember begging for a sibling at that age, I don't think I was ever that blunt.
Great layouts.

Unknown said...

Great direct questions from your son!

Prayers for your Nan.

Maggie said...

OMG, Amy!!! Well, November 27 is a good day - that's Audrey's birthday. Or my sister's birthday is December 5. LOL

On a more somber note, I'm praying hard for Sean's Nan!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... Connor may know what he is talking about ... you never know! I am glad Aidan isn't too psychic, he insisted he was getting another brother AND a sister this time. Whew... dodged THAT bullet - only one baby boy in my belly as shown in the sonogram.
I will pray for Nan and all of you!